Behold--the back door in all of its...well, boringness.
Rarely do people come to our front door. For those of you who have been here the back it just the best entry. It is boring and kinda ugly and we have dreams of a small covered porch, a larger and nicer back door, recovering the addition to the house with brick, sweet lantern-type light to the right of the door....and other dreams. Here is a picture from last month's Better Homes and Gardens:
This is a very simply built archway but I thought something like this would be lovely at the beginning of our gravel pathway. They have climbing roses on this one which are pretty but I'm not sure how I feel about getting thorned every time I pass through...
And here is a pile of lumber that we hope to clear away this summer. See that curvy root? We pulled that out of our ground and August wants to throw it out but I just thought it was so cool, it really tells a story. I wonder if it could be incorporated into our archway? Any thoughts?

AWESOME! that root would be so pretty as the arch itself. In fact you could build the whole darn apparatus out of the reclaimed wood. is that what you're planning to do? and you could grow clematis instead of thorny roses!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see what you come up with for the back pathway! I am totally in the same boat with the house, a dreamer with a lack of good design funding;) One day...
ReplyDelete