Saturday, June 6, 2009

Our Own Home!




Living Room, fireplace



We have been searching high and low for a place to call home. We have even made several offers that have not worked out. FINALLY we found a house in Murray, Utah and our offer has been accepted and we are anticipating being able to close in the next week! The house is on a big lot (.22 acres) which is almost an entire weed patch. The house has just one floor with a basement. The basement is partially finished and could potentially have 1-2 bedrooms down there. There is also a bathroom in the basement which is one of the nastiest bathrooms I have seen...it will have to be entirely gutted me thinks. The good thing is, that the basement gives us room to grow when we have the time and funds. We can comfortably live upstairs with a living room, dinning room, kitchen, 2 bedrooms, and a bathroom. The 1923 house has had an addition on the back which is a sort of back door entry room. We are really excited to stop renting and to be able to make a space our own! We are also really excited to landscape!!!




Nice big front porch!
Bathroom
I will post more pictures as I take them! We are hoping to move in within the next few weeks!

7 comments:

  1. YAY!!! We are so excited for you two. We will definitely have to stop by and take a look once you are all settled in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! Adorable porch, adorable fireplace, adorable bathroom with the pedestal sink! Katie, you'll just fit right in. Congrats. can't wait to see it after you two get your hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo! We're inviting ourselves over! I am SO excited for you (and a little jealous!) Can't wait to see it personalized and the yard! wow. I know it's going to be amazing! LOVE and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the house. We're so jealous! The brick and foundation look so great for a 1920 home. I look forward to your landscape plan and installation photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Congrats- it must feel so great to finally have a place to call your own and make it up how you like it. You'll for sure have to put up some more pictures- I can't wait to see the yard when you're finished with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie, how are you?! I'm so excited for you guys to have your own home, it's so rewarding to do projects that you know you'll be able to enjoy for a long time. I'm also excited to see your landscaping, I could use some tips!

    ReplyDelete