Thursday, May 13, 2010

Treasure Hunters

In the past few weeks we have had several people stop by and ask us if they can metal detect in our yard. I guess they are coming because they see that our landscape is all torn up.  I'm not sure of all they have found since we haven't been monitoring them closely.  Gee, I hope they didn't make off with a bag of gold or something useful. Anyways, they have left us with a few mementos--old pennies, an old tax token (worth 1/6th of a penny), a silver spoon, and a small mirrored compact.  Pretty cool. Here are some pictures of the spoon and compact:




This last picture is one August took from a window with his phone...he was trying to be stealthy so the metal detectress wouldn't see him. 

2 comments:

  1. These utensils look very old, and vintage. Perhaps another art project, Tic?! I love the name metal detectress!! I will never forget it;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through my sister Marilee Davis. I read that you are a landscape designer? Do you still do projects. We are looking for someone to help us design our yard for our house we just built. We live in Washington state. My email is carlyallred@yahoo.com if you are interested. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete