Friday, January 8, 2010
Peeling an Orange
This morning we gave Bence an orange to look at and he actually dug into it and started peeling it! He even took the peel over to the garbage can and threw it in. I was very impressed with my 16-month-old little fellow. I'm guessing his behavior reflects a "conversation" we had yesterday when I tried to teach him the difference between an orange and an apple. Bence has recently learned the word apple and likes to say it often and find pictures in his books of apples to look at. When he began calling an orange 'apple' I knew we needed to talk. We got an orange and and apple out of the fridge and looked at them. We looked in one of his books and looked at them. Then I peeled the orange and we ate it. He can't say orange yet but he doesn't call it apple anymore. Check out this cute video from this morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Smart kid, and congrats on a second child.
ReplyDeleteVery cool! I have a three-year-old nephew...the cliche is, "they grow up so fast!" To that, I am now a firm believer, I swear he was just born yesterday!
ReplyDeleteThanks for adding our site, 25hourwatch, to your blog list!!
Best wishes!
BM