Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mud Hole

It all began as a nice little walk around the neighborhood. I choose the road that lead past a hidden gate, leading to a gated community. The only way I knew that the vine-covered gate was there is because I saw someone emerge from it in the past. Whenever I pass this gate I am tempted by it--tempted to enter the gated community that is forbidden.

Well, today, Bence and I went in. I felt nervous most of the time...I was afraid someone would know I was an intruder and kick me out. Actually I spoke with two people on the inside, both very nice. We found a stream, a pond, basketball and tennis courts, tons of green grassy open spaces...everything was very well manicured and beautiful. On our walk back, towards home Bence found a puddle. I thought it would be okay if he played in it...
Before I could react, he tripped and did this sort of backward twist and flopped right into that puddle which ended up being a mud hole. His face went directly into it. I pulled him up expecting a wet face and saw instead mud caked all over! He had to blink to clear the mud out of his eyes. I was unsure what to do! I hadn't come with anything to clean him off with, we were still about a half mile from home. So, I put his face on the grass and rubbed it in, hoping to get some mud off. It helped but then he was a muddy grass face. I couldn't help but laugh. I laughed all the way home until tears were poring down my face. Bence started laughing too because I was and that was even funnier--a muddy little boy face laughing up at me! ha ha. These pictures are when we got home, the mud dried on the way home.
Whoa! Starting to get clean...



All clean. What a funny day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mrs. Bateman! This cracked me up!!!! What a boy and what a day! You are funny too... tempted to go into the forbidden gate... it's awesome that you rubbed his face in the grass!! Oh I miss you guys! Love nyou and thanks for posting these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it!! What a funny story. Sometimes I find myself in situations too where I should be frustrated or upset at my kids but as soon as I take a step back and realize how hilarious it is I can't stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete